Caring For your Gym EquipmentFebruary 26, 2016
After a hard day’s work you might gather the courage to go to the gym. A half an hour at the gym and you head back home. Too tired for anything else, you simply dump all your stuff and flop down on the sofa. Sounds like a familiar scenario?
Most of us have done the above mentioned quite a number of times. However it is important that used gym equipment should be cared for. Otherwise you might find your gym bag smelling to high heaven and back. That’s because you didn’t take out your clothes and chucked them in the washing machine.
Laziness can get the best of us. The following tips and tricks could actually help care for your gym equipment. Fitness equipment at this website would be a great starting point to find out what is suitable, as well as the following points:
- The first thing you must do as soon as you get home is to open your gym bag and get your shoes out. This would allow your shoes to breath and get rid of any bacteria as well. Airing your shoes is important. You don’t want them making your bag and rest of the stuff stink!
- About those hand weights. You probably have a few at home as well. They require regular cleaning too. That’s because if you don’t care for them properly cracks might appear and make those look shoddy. When you have invested in a pair of expensive looking hand weights, make sure you give them the proper care that they deserve to keep them looking like new.
- Avoid hanging your gym bag. What usually happens is that your gym bag might lose its shape and start looking old and scruffy. If you want it to last a long time make sure you give it a thorough cleaning at least once a month. Wipe it off with a clean cloth and some cleaning liquid and make sure to place it on an even ground away from dirt and debris.
- If you are practicing yoga at the gym, make sure your yoga mat is always let out of the bag and opened up so that it gets aired easily. Keeping it rolled up all the time isn’t going to do much for its condition. Keeping a yoga mat in mint condition is easy. Simply make sure to keep it open from time to time so that it’s aired properly and there’s no build up of bacteria.
- Avoid using any type of cleaning liquids which are corrosive. These would eventually cause your gym equipment to depreciate over a period of time. This is especially the case with running treadmills. They should only be cleaned with soapy water. For the best for treadmills in Perth visit this website.
- Always put your gym clothes in the washing machine as soon as you can. Don’t let the clothes remain in the gym bag for long period of time. This would eventually cause your clothes to lose elasticity and become shoddy. After all you have got to keep up your appearance and it wouldn’t do at all to present yourself at the gym looking unkempt and wearing trashy looking clothes.
Caring for your gym equipment can actually make it last longer. From your shoes, bags clothes to smaller weights and everything in between make sure you clean them up properly every time!